The Good Shepherd


Coloured Glass, Paint and Lead
250mm x 250mm

This sample panel is taken from a design intended to replace east facing church window in St Mary's church,Wales. The theme of this commission was chosen to fit in with the rural situation of the church and the surrounding farming community. The good shepherd theme originates from Bible scripture in John's gospel and the Psalms.

"I am the good shepherd who is willing to die for the sheep ... there are other sheep which belong to me that are not in the sheep fold. I must bring them, too; they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock with one shepherd. The father loves me because I am willing to give up my life, in order that I may receive it back again. No one takes my life from me. I give it up of my own free will."
John 10v11,16-18 (GNB)

No comments: